Questions and Answers
Auto Accident
Do I have to report the accident?

Yes. First, you may need to call the CHP or the local police.

Second, report the accident to your insurance company. Ask your agent what forms you should fill out and to help you make other necessary reports on the accident.

Third, you and the other driver must report the accident to the DMV within 10 days if: (a) the damage to either car is more than $750 or (b) anyone is injured or killed in the accident.

Get an SR-1 Report of Traffic Accident form from your local DMV office, CHP, police or insurance company.

updated: 10/30/06
For faster service about your work injury
or other accident case call: