Questions and Answers
Workers' Compensation
What other benefits am I entitled to other than Workers' Compensation?

You may be entitled to state disability insurance benefits (SDI). If you have paid into this fund, the state provides temporary disability benefits. Though normally paid for non-industrial illness or injury, if your employer's Workers' Compensation insurer refuses to pay your benefits, the State of California may pay them to you. You may also be entitled to these benefits if the insurer stops paying your benefits even though your treating doctors feel you are unable to return to work and are still temporarily disabled.

If the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board judge later determines that you were entitled to Workers' Compensation benefits from your employer's insurer during the time your were receiving SDI, your employer's insurer will have to reimburse the State for the benefits paid to you.

updated: 02/20/07
For faster service about your work injury
or other accident case call: