Questions and Answers
Workers' Compensation
What should I do if I get injured on the job?

Immediately report your injury to your employer. If, before your injury, you gave your employer written notice of the name and address of your personal physician, you can go to that physician for treatment immediately after an injury. If you did not notify your employer about your physician, your employer is responsible for arranging for your treatment. If your employer fails to refer you to a doctor after being notified of your injury, you may choose your own doctor.
Furthermore, your employer will provide you with a claim form on which you must describe your injury and how, when, and where it occurred. Return the completed form to your employer. Contact an attorney that handles Workers' Compensation cases or the Information and Assistance officer at the local WCAB.

updated: 02/20/07
For faster service about your work injury
or other accident case call: