Questions and Answers
Workers' Compensation
Do I need an attorney?

You have the right to be represented by an attorney of your choice in connection with your work- related injury. Your attorney will assist you in seeing that your benefits are properly protected. Your employer or your employer's insurance company will be advised and represented by individuals experienced in Workers' Compensation cases and you should have an attorney experienced in handling Workers' Compensation representing you.
There is no filing fee for filing an application with the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board.
Attorney's fees for representing an injured employee are determined by the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board judge and are paid out of the settlement or award. These are usually a percentage of the monetary recovery awarded to the injured employee. Our office only requests 15% of the gross proceeds of your settlement. If you have further questions or should you be in need of an attorney skilled in handling Workers' Compensation cases or other injury cases, feel free to
contact our office for assistance.

updated: 02/20/07
For faster service about your work injury
or other accident case call: