Questions and Answers
Workers' Compensation
I settled my workers' compensation case, but I feel that my condition has deteriorated since the date of the settlement. Is there anything that I can do?

This depends on whether, at the time of settlement, you "closed out" your case or you left open your future medical care. If you settled by way of Compromise & Release (i.e. "closed out" the case) you will not be able to re-open it. If your condition has deteriorated due to employment at another company, you may be able to pursue a new claim against that employer.

If you settled by way of Stipulation (i.e. left open your future medical care) you will be able to seek medical care within the scope of the medical reports existing at the time of the settlement. You may also re-open your claim within five years of the date of the original injury. In such case, you should contact the attorney that assisted you with your award.  If you are unable to reach that attorney, contact our office and we may be able to assist you.

updated: 02/20/07
For faster service about your work injury
or other accident case call: