Questions and Answers
Workers' Compensation
I have been released by my primary treating physician, but I am still in a great deal of pain. May I go to another doctor for more treatment?

Generally not. Once you are released by your treating physician you may not obtain more treatment unless the doctor has specifically indicated that you require further treatment or a second opinion doctor recommends treatment.

If you are not represented by an attorney, you should contact the insurance company upon your release and request a list of doctors from which you may select one to obtain a second opinion. This is referred to as a qualified medical examination.

If you do have an attorney, your attorney will agree with the insurance company on which doctor to send you to. This is called an agreed medical examination. Your future medical care will be determined by the opinion of this doctor.

“For assistance with handling this matter, or for further information, please contact our office and we can assist you.

updated: 02/20/07
For faster service about your work injury
or other accident case call: