Questions and Answers
Workers' Compensation
I was hurt at work. Can I still file for State Disability Insurance (SDI)?

You can file a claim, but you cannot be paid both workers' compensation and SDI for the same period of time (unless your workers' compensation temporary disability rate is less than SDI, then you're paid the difference.) If your employer's insurance company denies or delays payment, you can receive SDI during the interim. Receipt of permanent disability (PD) advances may affect your SDI.

updated: 02/20/07
For faster service about your work injury
or other accident case call: